Country artist Sammy Kershaw had a scary moment last week when his Louisiana home caught on fire. The fire, which started in the kitchen, was put under control but his home still suffered smoke damage. There were no injuries in the accident.
Sammy is thankful that everyone made it out okay. He knows that things could have ended differently:
“You’ve got to count your blessings … every one of them. This could have been so much worse. The guardian angel that GOD assigned to me is always working overtime.”
The fire started when Sammy was grabbing some of his homemade Cajun spices to give to a friend, when he accidentally dropped over the knobs for the burners. It’s believed that there was some sort of flammable material on the stove top, which ignited. Sammy luckily installed a Fire Alarm earlier this year, and his home is close enough to the Fire Department that it was quickly put out.