Angie Johnson to release debut EP
New Sony Music Nashville recording artist Angie Johnson is set to release her debut EP, “Sing For You,” on May 21st. The four-song EP will include her co-written title track “Sing For You,” a moving, true-to-life ballad that showcases Angie’s powerhouse vocals and emotional range. Produced by Josh Leo (Love and Theft, Alabama) the EP will be available digitally and at select retailers.
It’s a big step for the former The Voice contestant, who shares:
“I’m fired up about getting new music out to folks. So many talented people contributed to this project and the experience was humbling and inspiring for me. A lot of heart and personality went into this music and the result is really special, and REALLY fun. It’s a little bit of spit and a lot of shine, and I’m proud of that.”
Angie Johnson Sing For You EP track listing:
1. Sing For You Angie Johnson/Catt Gravitt/Josh Leo (BMI/SESAC)
2. Grandpa’s Farm Brent Cobb/Adam Hood/Jason Saenz (BMI)
3. Runaway Cary Barlowe/Sara Haze/Catt Gravitt (SESAC/ASCAP)
4. Swagger Angie Johnson/Josh Leo/Phoenix Mendoza (BMI)
Angie’s announcement comes on the heels of her first trip to the Academy of Country Music Awards, where she announced her debut EP on the awards show red carpet. Highlights of her ACM trip included an impromptu acapella performance of “Heartbreaker” during ACM FanJam at The Orleans Arena, a performance of the national anthem at the ACM Party for a Cause, and time with several of her musical influences and fellow upcoming artists during Cabela’s Great Outdoors Archery Event as part of The ACM.
Latest posts by Lydia Picknell (see all)
- Toby Keith raises $950,000 for Oklahoma Kids Korral - June 4, 2014
- Jamie O’Neal releases first album in five years - June 3, 2014
- Miranda Lambert releases Platinum - June 3, 2014