Top 5 Finalists Chosen For Brantley Gilbert
Snagajob, America’s largest hourly employment network for job seekers and employers, announced today the selection of the five finalists in The Hourly Gig contest, which invited hourly employees and job seekers to submit videos of original songs for a chance to perform at the Brantley Gilbert Innsbrook After Hours concert held at the Snagajob Pavilion in Richmond, Va., on Sept. 19, 2012. Public voting to determine the winner is open Sept. 5 – 12, 2012.
“We received about 600 video submissions from talented hourly employees and job seekers across the country performing original songs in several genres,” said Jason Hamilton, vice president of marketing for Snagajob. “This strong response confirms that there’s a lot of undiscovered talent out there working hourly jobs while they pursue life-long passions.”
Submissions were accepted online from Aug. 16 – 29, 2012, and a judging panel comprising members of the music, entertainment and hourly employment industries selected the five finalists based on each submission’s creativity, talent and entertainment value.
The five finalists in The Hourly Gig contest are:
– Everwilde – A band whose lead singer, Dan Nicholls, is a mechanic in Richmond, Va., Everwilde describes their sound as pure country, influenced by Southern rock and blues.
– Ben Gallaher – A landscaper in Nashville, Tenn., Gallaher balances his time among his job, his studies at Belmont University and performing his country-rock songs at various local gigs.
– Jarsi Ibanez – A cashier in Weston, Fla., Ibanez’s job gives him the flexibility to continue to perform his alternative, pop songs.
– George Taylor – A flower delivery driver and cell phone salesman in Austin, Texas, Taylor describes his style as bluesy guitar and harmonica Americana.
– Emma White – An intern in Nashville, Tenn., and a student at Belmont University, White dreams of one day performing her pop-country songs on the Grand Ole Opry stage.
Public voting to determine the winner will be open Sept. 5 – 12, 2012, at noon. Votes can be cast at www.snagajob.com/hourlygig. The winner will receive an expenses-paid trip to Richmond, Va., to perform at the Sept. 19, 2012, Brantley Gilbert Innsbrook After Hours concert, held at the Snagajob Pavilion.
Latest posts by Lydia Picknell (see all)
- Toby Keith raises $950,000 for Oklahoma Kids Korral - June 4, 2014
- Jamie O’Neal releases first album in five years - June 3, 2014
- Miranda Lambert releases Platinum - June 3, 2014