Taylor Swift One of 2012’s Most Dangerous Celebrities
Taylor Swift has officially been named one of the “Most Dangerous Celebrities” of 2012. Well… on an anti-virus list, anyway. For the sixth year in a row, McAfee researched celebrities in pop culture to find out who are the riskiest to search on the internet and results in bad links and viruses made to steal passwords and personal information. Actress Emma Watson takes the first spot, while Taylor is the only country artist on the list and places at number fifteen.
Following Emma, Jessica Biel takes the number two spot and Eva Mendes sits at number three. Latina women, including Salma Hayek and Sofia Vergara, also heat up the top 10 at numbers 9 and 10, respectively.
Some of the highlights of this year’s study include:
- Latina women are on fire: Eva Mendes (No. 3), Selena Gomez (No. 4), Shakira (No. 7), Salma Hayek (No. 9) and Sofia Vergara (No. 10) spice up the top 10
- Comedian Jimmy Kimmel(No. 13) is the only male in the top 20 this year
- Supermodels are risky: Elle Macpherson (No. 16), Bar Refaeli (No. 17) and Kate Upton (No. 20) pose in the top 20
- Musicians are not safe: Selena Gomez (No. 4), Shakira (No. 7), and Taylor Swift (No. 15) all sang their ways to the top 20
Want to stay safe? McAfee shares a few tips on how to protect yourself and your computer:
Beware of content that prompts you to download anything before providing you with content. You may want to opt to watch streaming videos or download content from an established site, such as Hulu, Netflix, NBC, or ABCtv. Free downloads are significantly the highest virus-prone search terms. Anyone searching for videos or files to download should be careful as not to unleash malware on their computer.
Since most people use a variety of devices to search for celebrities, be sure you have up to date, comprehensive security for all of your devices. It’s important to have protection, such as McAfee® All Access, on all Internet-enabled devices, including PCs, Macs, smartphones, tablets and netbooks.
Latest posts by Lydia Picknell (see all)
- Toby Keith raises $950,000 for Oklahoma Kids Korral - June 4, 2014
- Jamie O’Neal releases first album in five years - June 3, 2014
- Miranda Lambert releases Platinum - June 3, 2014