We named Show Dog Universal’s J.T. Hodges our “one to watch for 2012″ earlier this year… and for good reason. His debut country album hits physical and digital stores on August 21st, and he’ll be playing the Sirius/XM Front Porch Stage on Saturday night from 6:30 to 7:30. He’ll be on-stage during Sheryl Crow and right when Alabama starts, but we believe fans need to check out J.T.
Here’s our five reasons why you can’t miss J.T.’s set in Bowmanville, Ontario tomorrow night:
5. J.T’s debut self-titled album finally drops on August 21st, so fans watching his show at the festival will be able to preview his album before its even out! His record is a fantastic debut for J.T., which our very own Ian had to say: “JT Hodges does two things really, really well. His full-bodied voice gives personality and a personal touch to nearly every song. And each song has a distinctive flavour, which both his voice and the instruments help provide…JT Hodges is going to be a star. More than any new artist I’ve heard, he makes interesting, varied, full-blooded music. In the biggest show of respect I can make, I’ll be buying this album myself.”
4. J.T. was a semi-finalist for the Academy of Country Music’s New Artist of the Year award after releasing only one single! His “Hunt You Down” was so catchy that it earned him a spot in the fan-voted semi-finals. He’s one of the brightest new stars to come out of Nashville, and he’s one that Canadian country fans really need to check out – and dance along to “Hunt You Down.” See this video for a little refresher:
3. J.T. is a performer. He plays an energetic, rock and roll show that gets fans up on their feet. He’s been one of the hardest working artists over the last year, and he brings everything he has into his performances. At Boots & Hearts, fans should expect nothing less than a fun, rocking show from the Texas native.
2. Big things will be coming this year from J.T. Hodges. He has been getting more and more popular as fans and critics recognize his talent – even before his debut self-titled release! This is one of those chances where fans can look back on with a “remember when…”. He’s always great at interacting with his fans on social media, both on Twitter and Facebook, as well as in-person at his shows. He’s appreciative of where he’s from and you can look back on the day you saw him just before he became a superstar.
1. J.T. has toured with some pretty big names over the last year. He’s shared the stage with Toby Keith, Brantley Gilbert, Eric Church, Ronnie Dunn and more! But, most importantly, he has the background to be a star – his mom was a MCA Nashville signed artist, and his father owned the first multi-track recording studio in Fort Worth, Texas. J.T. has the experience to put on one heck of a show. He has learned from some of the biggest names in the business and uses that experience to put on the best show for his fans.
Check out J.T. Hodges tomorrow night at Boots & Hearts Music Festival in Bowmanville, Ontario. Tickets are still on-sale at the box office on-site. For more information on the festival visit bootsandhearts.com, and to check out why we’re so excited for J.T. visit him at jthodges.com.