What Country (and Non-Country) Songs Kelly Clarkson Should Cover Next
Kelly Clarkson has become a genre-defying queen of cover songs lately, throwing a new random offering into each of her live shows. While we love pretty much everything she does, we’re naturally more drawn to her country covers. Here are just a few suggestions that we’d love to hear from Kelly.
1. Not Ready to Make Nice by the Dixie Chicks – At a recent concert, Kelly tackled “Wide Open Spaces,” and although we totally dug it, “Not Ready to Make Nice” is the Chicks’ classic that we’re DYING to hear KC take on. It’s got that power and grit that we know Kelly would sound incredible with.
2. Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts – Kelly has a bit of a history with Rascal Flatts and has both covered “I’m Movin’ On” and performed “What Hurts the Most” with the band. However, we’d love to hear her softer side on this ballad because we’re pretty sure she’d hit it out of the park.
3. Kerosene by Miranda Lambert – It’s no secret that Kelly and Miranda are like totally BFFs. And although we’ve heard Kelly cover the Pistol Annies and sing “Gunpowder and Lead” with Miranda, she’s mentioned that she’s been a Miranda fan since day one of “Kerosene.” We think she’d rock this.
4. Back to December by Taylor Swift – Now don’t get us wrong here, we love us some Taylor, but Kelly has the extra vocal prowess to really take this song up a notch. Plus, she had an album called My December so this cover would be only fitting.
5. Until You by Billy Currington/Dave Barnes – We’re categorizing this one as country because of the Billy Currington version, but really, the slowed down acoustic Dave Barnes version is the one we want to hear. Immediately. It’s sweet and lovey-dovey, without being too saccharine. Plus, KC has mentioned a penchant for “happier songs” since she’s found herself a man, so this is the perfect choice.
Since we’ve got a few faves that aren’t country, here are a few other tracks we’re dying for Miss Clarkson to tackle. We won’t go into too much detail here, but we’ve been a fan of “Feels Like Home” since it’s days on the “Dawson’s Creek” soundtrack and it’s a song that KC would more than slay. We’d also like to hear “I Won’t Give Up” by Jason Mraz and “Sigh No More” by Mumford & Sons. Frankly, I could go on and on, but basically, we’d enjoy it if Kelly covered every song, ever, in the universe.
Want to make a request for an upcoming show? Tweet the song to @kelly_clarkson and @jasonhalbert with the city, your name, the song and #kcrequests.
What song do you want to hear Kelly cover? Let us know in the comments!
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Nicole Piering (see all)
- Natalie Stovall & The Drive Premiere “Baby Come On With It” Music Video - March 12, 2014
- Official 2014 Academy of Country Music Awards ZinePak Available March 18 - March 12, 2014
- Miranda Lambert Ready to go ‘PLATINUM’ - March 10, 2014