Lionel Richie Country Duets Album News
Music icon Lionel Richie will be releasing his country duets album “Tuskegee” on Mercury Nashville on March 27th. The record features his biggest hits with some of the top voices in country today and of the past.
Lionel teams up with Shania Twain, Kenny Rogers, Willie Nelson, Jimmy Buffett, Sugarland‘s Jennifer Nettles, Blake Shelton, Rascal Flatts, Jason Aldean, Tim McGraw, Darius Rucker, Kenny Chesney, Billy Currington and Little Big Town on the record.
The Academy of Country Music will be taping an all-star tribute to Lionel Richie at the MGM Grand one day after the ACM Awards. The special will air later in the year on CBS.
“Tuskegee is where it all began, the place where I felt that everything was available and possible,” he says. “It’s where I learned about life and love and the power of music, and the place I built a musical foundation that knows no genres or boundaries.
“Doing this album was coming back to the beginning, back to basics, back to home,” he says. “The part of it I love the most is that the journey has been one of discovering myself. By the time I got back to Nashville, I clearly knew that the roots of my songwriting, my storytelling, were from the South.”
It’s been a journey to re-discover the hits that have made Lionel the music icon that he has become today.
“Every Lionel Richie song that I can think of I had a personal experience with – high school homecomings, proms, you name it,” says Gary LeVox of Rascal Flatts, who duets on “Dancin’ On the Ceiling.” “Lionel was always playing in my house. His music always said what we felt and couldn’t express.”
See what Darius Rucker and Jason Aldean had to say about the album, and get the full track listing, below:
Darius was pretty excited to be included on the album:
“I wanted to work with Lionel because he is one of my idols. Lionel’s more a part of my DNA really than an idol. It was an absolute honor to work with him.”
Adds Jason Aldean, who selected “Say You, Say Me,”
“I’ve always been a huge fan. He is probably one of the best singer/songwriters of this generation.”
Lionel Richie’s Tuskegee Track-Listing:
- “You Are” with Blake Shelton
- “Say You, Say Me” with Jason Aldean
- “Stuck On You” with Darius Rucker
- “Deep River Woman” with Little Big Town
- “My Love” with Kenny Chesney
- “Dancing On The Ceiling” with Rascal Flatts
- “Hello” with Jennifer Nettles
- “Sail On” with Tim McGraw
- “Endless Love” with Shania Twain
- “Just For You” with Billy Currington
- “Lady” with Kenny Rogers
- “Easy” with Willie Nelson
- “All Night Long” with Jimmy Buffett
Latest posts by Lydia Picknell (see all)
- Toby Keith raises $950,000 for Oklahoma Kids Korral - June 4, 2014
- Jamie O’Neal releases first album in five years - June 3, 2014
- Miranda Lambert releases Platinum - June 3, 2014