Trace Adkins Loses Home to Fire

trace

Trace Adkins’ family home is a “total loss” after a fire destroyed his house today in Brentwood, Tennessee just south of Nashville. While no one was hurt, his daughter Brianna, pictured with Trace, and his two other daughters were inside the house at the time.

Rhonda Adkins, Trace’s wife, told WSMV-TV Nashville that everyone got out of the house safely, including the family dog and the babysitter, thanks to a neighbor. The fire happened around 3 pm local time in the afternoon, and had started in the garage from an overturned dryer. Trace’s gold records and other mementos of his career are supposedly unharmed as the basement was saved from the blaze by firefighters.

The babysitter had previously practiced a fire safety drill with the daughters, who ran outside to a tree marked with yellow tape as a safe gathering place.

High temperatures from the weather and the fire made it impossible for firefighters to save the house. They were dispatched five minutes after the initial 9-1-1 call.  Crews will stay on the scene overnight for clean-up efforts and to make sure that the fire does not restart. The entire fire department, including off-duty fire fighters, were dispatched to the home this afternoon.

Trace was not home at the time as he is in Alaska for a performance Wednesday. There has been no official announcement yet on if the show will be postponed or canceled at this time.

 

UPDATE: According to Storme Warren on Twitter, Trace is unaware of the fire as he’s still in the air enroute to Alaska.

@stormewarren: Trace won’t know about his home until 11:30pm ct. He’s in the air. Can’t imagine what turning on his phone is going to be like when he lands

facebook comments:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

* Copy This Password *

* Type Or Paste Password Here *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Current ye@r *